RSS

Busy, Busy

What can really be said? Anyone who is home with kids in the summer knows that they will be kept hopping. We dog sat for a friend. And I made some bookmarks with a new stamping set I got from Papertrey Ink.
I made a bunch of cookies for the Indiana State Fair. I haven't entered in years, and now I can remember why. I was on my feet all day long trying to get things made, iced, packed, stored, tagged, entered, labeled, recipes added, etc...


I also knit a few things. Seth will agree to model for me , for a small fee. You'd think room and board would be enough, but no such luck. I made a cowl with yarn from Mountain Colors, the colorway is appropriately named "Crazy Woman". I am going to make matching fingerless mitts and a hat from this yarn, too. I don't want to be sportin' mismatched knits this winter



And I made a hat from Plymouth Mushishi. The best thing about the Mushishi is that it is sold in a huge skein, almost 500 yards. So, you can get plenty of knitting done from just one skein and don't have to worry about dye lots.
School starts in a few days and as happy as I am for some alone time, I am not happy that the boys will need to be at school at 7:15 in the morning. It is way, way too early for anyone to be awake and ready to go.




3 comments:

Auntie said...

I didn't realize you put baking into the fair this year! That is awesome! It was great seeing you last week! I am looking forward to having lunch with you again soon!

Shoe Gal said...

Those bookmarks are absolutely adorable, and the cookies look scrumptious! Maybe you can take over Great Grandma's Valentine treats she used to give us! :-)

Diane said...

There sure is a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff for an entry, especially for state fairs.

Blogger wouldn't let me respond to you directly, so thank you for your kind words. How about sending me an email directly to dseelyATfrontiernetDOTnet (you know the drill for substituting...).

I'm so excited about winning the book...Elizabeth Zimmermann is tied for my favorite knitting book author along with Stephanie!