RSS

Busy Busy Friday

After a year of two of having these socks on the needles and no desire to finish knitting the, I have them finished! The yarn looked so cute on the skein in the store and much less desirable once it was wound. I cannot stand to have things undone though, so I had to finish these once I started.

The hanna Stamps challenge today was to make a 3D item, so I made a clock. I know, I know, you have seen this trick before, but I wanted to do it again. Both my kids want it right now, so we'll see where it ends up. The clock is from WalMart and you can just pop off the plastic cover and alter it to your heart's desire. Maybe altering clocks will become one of my craft night classes in my home,who knows?
The SCS Challenge was to make a card that shows off the colors of a room in your home. Our bedroom is actually orange with a brown accent wall. That was my original goal for colors, but actually, every room in our house is a different color, so I don't mind having a hodge podge of colors in my card. I am very allergic to cats, so I don't have any, and certainly would never kiss one, but I thought this quote was too funny not to use. The cats are from the new Hanna Stamps set, Granny Hanny, which I adore. There is an older lady in the set and she just cracks me up. I can tell it will be a set I use again and again.
We are going out of town this weekend for a family wedding and are really looking forward to seeing everyone and having fun this weekend. I hope you all have a nice weekend full of fun too.

6 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the socks! Your clock is great too.

Anonymous said...

I love them both, have a wonderful week-end.
Nana S.

Silli said...

Hello dear Judy....I love both... Your clock is so beautiful... Great idea... Happy sunday and big hugs from Silke

Auntie said...

Judy, the socks are beautiful and fun! I love them.

Hope we can do lunch soon. Email at work if you can.

Amber said...

Love the clock.

africakidandtheworld said...

I had socks like that as a kid! Someone sent them in a care package to us in Africa--probably one of the women from our old church. Now I need to find a pair like this for my daughter who always has chilly feet in the morning.