RSS

Gift in a Can

This is the part where you decide for yourself if I have lost my mind. I used my safety can opener to take the lid off a can of chicken and then I cleaned it and made it into a gift holder. Am I crafty? A good recycler? Just plain cheap? The choice is yours, and you don't have to share your decision on this issue as some things are best kept to yourself.

I have a couple of friends who have kicked their lousy husbands to the curb this year and I am determined that they not have an empty Christmas tree. I am sure they have shopped for their kids and others but have not gotten themsmelves anything. So, I knit scarves, found matching gloves at a discount store, got some cute new kitchen towels and bath stuff for them. Nothing exciting, but everyday stuff they can use. This gift is a little something for one of them. I plan to deliver presents on Christmas Eve morning so they can wake up the next day and have a little something to open from Santa.

The can is only two inches high and I used some SU paper left over from last year. I made a little belly band that is 3/4 of an inch and covered the seam with a scalloped oval punch from Marvy Uchida. I added bling, and any Christmas stamp you would have would work well in place of the reindeer. Easy and cute!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

cool beans!
I just mailed off a fruit cocktail can that I rehabbed. But I like the canned chicken idea, LOL!
Long live thriftiness and craftiness!
Happy Holidays!
Nicole
thestampinlibrarian.com

crazed lunatic said...

I think it's a very fun, very green idea! :)

You're such a sweet person, girlie!

Auntie said...

You have my mom saving containers for you now. I have a couple in my car!