RSS

Scarves

I made some scarves for friends that go to painting class with me. I used Bohemian yarn from Paton's, found at Michaels. The basic recipe is that you pick an odd number, like 15 for the number of stitches across that you want. You Knit 2, Purl 2 all the way across, remembering to end with a purl at each row. I am the World's Slowest Knitter, so even though the yarn is big and the instructions easy, it still seems to take me a while to knit them up.

I gave them away this morning and everyone pretended that a scarf was just what they always wanted. They are posed here on my patio furniture in snow. I do think it is best to give scarves away in cold snowy weather so the recipients can properly enjoy their bounty.

2 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

do you know.... i lurve my scarf that you made. it was just what I'd always wanted, and now my kids want it, too... figures, eh?

can't wait to see you Friday! :)

Auntie said...

THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!