RSS

Penguin Love

This is the card I made for the sketch challenge at SplitCoast today. The penguins are from Memory Box, the Eskimo from Stampin Up, Polar Pals set, and the quote and igloo from Amuse. Next week I will have tons more to show you from Hanna Stamps as new sets will be coming out and I will have a lot to show for Release Week.

I am thinking of trying to vote early as the polls will be packed on Election Day. I am trying to decide if I want to stand in line early or on Tuesday when everyone in the neighborhood will be at the polls as well. As a child, my parents always took us kids with them to vote on Election Day, so it was clear as adults we wouldl grow up and be voters as well. My dad always joked about voting early and often. This year I can do one of those things!

Seth recently mentioned to me that he wanted to be baptized. I told him he was baptized as a baby, as we Methodists are prone to do. He said he knew that, but he wanted to be baptized "under water" or full immersion. I will have to check into that. I am sure there is some Methodist church around with a tank, but I can't think of any. It was an odd sort of out of the blue request. But one I am more than happy to help him with. I wonder what brought this on. I don't rememeber any church or home discussions about this subject.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Methodist church used to have a baptisimal "tank" but we tore it out a long time ago. Usually we give our kids confirmation classes when they are about 13 and that is when they actually become members of the church. I don't know of any churches that have them except some Christian churches. I think some of them still do this.
Nana

Gina Lindsay said...

My parents used to take up to vote too. Even though it is probably easier to vote early, my husband and I always go on election day together.

crazed lunatic said...

love the new card!

am thinking that perhaps I should vote early, too, if it's going to be that busy everywhere....don't know what to think... is it going to be LESS busy because people are early voting or just as busy because people who already vote are getting there early and making room for all the people who don't typically vote? decisions, decisions....

Kristi said...

Hey, this card rocks.....

africakidandtheworld said...

My home state (Oregon) is only vote by mail now. So I already sent in my ballot awhile ago. Now I'm nibbling my nails, wondering who will win.

Auntie said...

Cute card...I think no matter what the time, voting lines are going to stink! HOURS last time at our place early in the morning...HOURS!