RSS

I Drank the Kool Aid

Maybe it is apparent by the pictures that we went to Disney World for Spring Break. I have to say, if you don't already know, that this is NOT my idea of a good time. It is hot and crowded. The drive is long. I have motion sickness and cannot ride the really fun rides. Really. I have thrown up in more amusement parks than most people have ever been to. One year we got Six Flags Season Passes and made a list of parks and went around the US and had mini vacations at several places that have Six Flags parks. I was careful not to ride the good stuff, but got heat sickness and vomited anyway. Want to know about the ammeneties at First Aid stations at various parks? I am your gal!
So last year when we planned this trip it sounded like a great idea. The kids have been so excited. As the date to travel came nearer, I began to wonder what I had been thinking. We had a condo to stay in off site, so we had a quiet place to stay. The weather was fine. The kids had a fabulous time! They would both like to live there full time. Just ask them, they'll tell you how true it is.

I despise handing over my money to a giant corporation. Money flew out of my hands like water from a fountain. The kids loaded up on ice cream and treats and snack food and character pins and just were joyful and happy and as well behaved and polite as they could be. Even I was caught smiling on more than one occasion.
We had a meal with the Princesses. Seth was thrilled. Noah was cooperative about it, but he did not want to pose with them or get their autographs. Jasmine clearly did not care, she slided in next to the boy and made small talk and told us to get the picture anyway.
We all had a good time. (Did I really just write that?) Disney does everything so well. The meals were great, the drink prices were not outrageous, and the rides were loads of fun. I did meet several older couples who come by themselves a couple times a year. They just love it. I doubt I would ever come on my own. I don't understand the allure of Disney over a vacation to an exotic place. But if all the crazy people go to Disney, there is more room for me to see all the Polynesian islands I have not been to yet. Tahiti? Borneo? On my list of places to visit.

3 comments:

Auntie said...

I am so glad you are home! It has seemed like a lifetime!!!!

Looks like you got some great pictures out of the trip!! Looking forward to seeing them.

crazed lunatic said...

so glad that you've had a good time. :)

we'll need to figure out lunch with Miss Becca sometime soon! :)

Kristi said...

Ohhhh CUTE.....