RSS

Welcome Monday

I made this for a friend out of re purposed junk mail that I got on saturday. She wants Mr. Obama in a way that is not political, if you know what I mean. :) I got this chipboard piece the same day the flyer for the Obama campaign arrived and I knew right away that I would try something I saw on Amy Rysavy's blog. Amy made a frame from light weight coasters that she sent through her die cut machine, so I tried to achieve a similar effect. Her frame has an opening so you can change this photo, but my photo of Barack is glued in place.

And this card is made with the Hanna Stamps set "Passport" and is good for me this week as I am going to Toronto over the weekend to visit a friend who lives in that area. Okay, I don't really think I'll see Palm Trees in Toronto, but we had an earthquake in Indiana, so who knows what could happen. The paper is from Stampin Up but I cannot remember the name of the pack it came in.
We had a quiet weekend full of soccer games and kids playing in the backyard. I am hoping the expected rain holds off so the kids can play out back as much as they want. Actually, I'd rather they played in someone else's back yard, but at least this way I can yell at my kids and embarrass them in front of their friends when they act bad.

7 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

love the new stuff! :) hope you have fun up in Toronto...are you going by yourself??

Auntie said...

Al Gore would be so proud that you are going green!

crazed lunatic said...

it's me! i'm the winner of this lovely piece of art! :) it made me laugh hard...first because i didn't know it was that apparent that i have a crush on him...and two because it's MINE! ALL MINE! it's on my desk right now! :)

Michele Kovack said...

I am new to your blog, and I gotta tell ya, you had me cracking up with your picture frame!!! How funny!! What a fun friend you are!

Kristi said...

haaahaaa I love these.......

Kristi said...

haaahaaa I love these.......

africakidandtheworld said...

Nice Obama picture! Made me laugh too.
Enjoy Toronto, maybe you'll bring the earthquakes along with you...wouldn't that be fun?