RSS

Toronto


I had a fantastic time in Kingston, Ontario (2 hours east ofToronto) with my new friends. You know, I went away to meet people in real life that I had only met through the internet. I guess I am a bad example for my children. I tried not to let them know. They think I left for work, and my work is Hanna Stamps. Partly true.
I loved the store in Kingston, which we called "Jan's store" because Jan owns it. I never got to meet Jan, though. I made tons of cards, a couple of scrapbook pages, and ate a lot. I carried brownies all the way, and the other ladies enjoyed them. I didn't want to show up empty handed and lacking any hospitality at all. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Everyone was very nice and I can see why so many return year after year for the fest at Vicki's home.
I was super busy today getting groceries, running errands and meeting a friend for lunch. I am now home and hope to do a bit of cleaning before the boys come back. Just a bit of mopping and sweeping as the house feels like it needs a little care after the boys had control all weekend. I have to get Noah after school today and babysit another neighbor child as well as go out to see the Yarn Harlot today.
The harlot is a knitter who writes books and has a wicked sense of humor. her blog is very popular and she has a new book coming out. She is at my local Barnes and Noble tonight and they are busily readying for the hundreds of people who are anticipated. I have to be there by 5 PM to get a ticket and she doesn't speak till 7 PM. Parking is going to be a problem, folks! I think Seth is going with me as Noah has soccer tonight.
The card above is a Prism Challenge for Hanna's Design team. We had to use these three colors, pink, teal and Crabapple Light. I used the new Hanna Garden set which will be released Friday.

2 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

so happy that you got a trip away... i so can't wait to do lunch and hear about it in person! :)

Auntie said...

VERY CUTE CARD! If I had read this section first, I would have understand about the harlot thingy and since we talked about it already, I should have known!