RSS

Ahhhh, Vacation

I should really think twice before I try to combine challenges. last friday the SCS Challenge was to use the color black as a background color and the hanna Stamps challenge was to create a beach themed card. I made a snow globe so I could dream about warm weather vacation spots. Snow globes don't have to have snow in them after all, they can have sand.

I am thinking about creating a menu plan for my family and a rotation of meals that most family members will eat most of the time. I still seem to strike out on anything that everyone enjoys, there is always one whiner. Actually I disallowed whining years ago. You don't have to eat it, but you can't complain about it. Just sit at the table and make conversation and maybe nibble on the bread or make yourself a sandwich. I don't care, I just don't want to hear it. Mealtimes are more enjoyable, but still I always feel at a loss about what to cook. Maybe if I can just look at the schedule and say "Oh, crock pot chicken night" that will take the worry out of it for me. Of course, chili night in June won't be great for anyone, so I'll have to rotate it seasonally a bit.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love the sand castle, so cute! (And so warm, ugh enough of the cold already.)

I do menus when I think about it. Like if I know I have a busy night, I'll try to plan a crockpot meal. Try is the key, I probably only remember this 50% of the time. And I can only get 50% of the family to eat a meal at any given time (lots of PB&J or cereal instead) so I guess it all works out.

Anonymous said...

I used to do a schedule of meals. I had to because of my work. My kids grew up eating what I put on the table or they fixed their own. I didn't have the time, money or energy to fix 3 or 4 different things. Oh course what I fixed was mostly comfort foods because that is what I grew up on. I would try to fix at least one thing (veg) that each one would like. What is wrong with chili in the summer? We fix other hot foods at that time of year so....
Nana S.