RSS

Back to our regularly scheduled program

Oh good, you say. Cards again. No more of those slithery things. Yep. Viper was released and has not found his way back to our house. Here's to wishing him a cold winter in the woods.

This is a stamp camp card I am posting. the challenge at SCs today is silhouettes and I can barely spell the word, much less come up with my own idea. But this is a good example. The exciting news is posted below....
I took a caramel apple making class through the local parks department last night. Oh My Goodness, it was so much fun! The lady who taught it actually works for a company, I think there name is Cookies 'n Cream. They sell the best stuff at the most reasonable prices. the premise is the same as a home show. The Cookies 'n Cream lady comes to your house and teaches a new skill, caramel apple making, cookie dipping and decorating, chocolate candy making, coated pretzels, you name it. It is all about creating fun food items and there really is minimal effort. you learn a skill and then buy products from them.

The product line is so reasonably priced I couldn't believe it. And the taste is all chocolate, not chocolate and wax like you find in Wilton products that need a long shelf life. The kids were really impressed when I came home and couldn't wait to eat this apple. Plus, I ordered things I'd need for more apples, coating cookies, pretzels, etc... seth is excited to get to have cookie time with mom coming up, and Noah will play with us a bit, but he really is more excited about the eating.

When I have made these apples before, the caramel slid off. I got lots of good tips and tricks and I can't wait to try this at home!

6 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

fun card... need to go back to stamp camp....

and oh my goodness does that apple look tasty!!

Auntie said...

have a party! i will come!

Anonymous said...

UM...YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

africakidandtheworld said...

How did you know I've been craving candied apples???

Vicki G said...

UMMMMM ARE YOU SHARING THAT APPLE????

Hmmm, I think the box with the apple was missing when my birthday card arrived.

Can you please call the USPS and find out who ate it???? ;)

Anonymous said...

Do they have a website and if so could you send it to me at cardlady@roadrunner.com. Thanks