RSS

Prayers for the Day

I am in love with this new set from Hanna Stamps, "For The Soul." For this card I used a base of Basic Black and overlayed a layer of vellum that I used one of Martha Stewart's scallop border punches on. I used Ranger Alcohol Inks on glossy paper and blotted the colors. I let them dry and stamped the stained glass window on top of the colored parts of the paper. I cut out my two favorite windows and used them as the background for Hanna, who was cut out and placed in front.

I used the Swiss Dots folder from cuttlebug for the background paper and added some flowers and fern branches (also from Martha).

What I really wanted to highlight in this photo was the candleholder I decorated, but I could not get a great photo for anything! In real life it truly sparkles, though. I stamped Hanna images onto clear acetate with StazOn and carefully cut the images out. I chose a votive holder that had straight sides and attached Hanna images with very tiny amounts of red sticky tape. Then I covered it all in a big sheet of red sticky tape that I had cut out to wrap around the votive holder. I put micro beads all over the tape. Voila! It is very pretty in real life and shines at night.

Don't forget to join us at the Hanna Stamps forum on SplitCoast Stampers for our Anniversary week, and one year Anniversary and Release Party Thursday Night! Also, we are still giving away new Riley Moose stamps so be sure to visit the other Hanna Design Team members' blogs and leave comments. One winner per blog! That's a lot of chances to win a new stamp.

48 comments:

Tracey said...

What a pretty card! I'm loving all of these new stamps!

Anonymous said...

Beautious card! I wonder if the windows are in the set! Can't wait!

Marie said...

such a nice card! love the lace =)

Michelle said...

Beautiful Card!!

Anonymous said...

Nice card. Love the flower accent and the border punch.

Kelly said...

Oh very pretty card! I love the flowers in the corner!

Kathy H said...

Yay...what a great addition to Hanna Stamps...

Alison H said...

such a pretty card!

JessicaK said...

Kudos for stamping on such a tricky material like a candle holder. When I enlarge the pic I do get some of the "sparkly" feel, so it must be beautiful in the full light.

StampinCathy said...

Pretty card and lovin the new Hanna stamps.

Joy said...

this is gorgeous! happy hannaversary!

Stampin Cats said...

Love the card.

Kimberly said...

Very pretty card, but my eyes immediately went to the candle holder. I bet that is beautiful when it is all lit up!

Virgo5 said...

I love your windows, very nice!

Bonnie said...

Another great card. Love the colors!

StmpinGirl said...

Great card! Can't wait to see more on Thursday!

Colleen said...

What is pretty card. Everyone including you is coming up with some very nice cards using this stamp set.

Nancy L. said...

Yeah, I think I'm in love, too! This set is great!

Anonymous said...

Very nice card! Can't wait until the release!

Claire said...

this is a cute card

Anonymous said...

Great card and candleholder! I can see the sparkle ... it looks great!

Goldenbaby said...

Love the lace edge. What a sweet card.

Anonymous said...

Love this set. There are so many possibilities for it! Anxiously awaiting the release party!
Thanks for sharing your talent!

Erin said...

How cool. LOVE HANNAH STAMPS.

Anonymous said...

Great card! lovin' all the new stuff!

maiahs_momma said...

Love all of these goodies...wow, and great job on all your creations using this set :)!


Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com
catlevy@eastlink.ca

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

What a beautiful card! I love this set!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the windows behind Hanna!! TFS!!

jhet said...

This set is definitely a must-have! Nice card done there!

Peg Frushour said...

She is so darling! Love the stained glass windows too!

Sue Strozyk said...

Beautiful set, love the lace border

kjlowrey said...

Beautiful!!!!!!! Love it love it love it!

cathy said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you did the windows!

Maria said...

Very pretty! The candle holder looks way cool!

Jennifer E. said...

Love your card & candle holder! This is a perfect set to decorate candles!

slbt17 said...

thanks for sharing - this is a lot of fun!
Lots of good inspiration.
Sandra

Barbara DeBose said...

The double windows is an awsome touch!

Heidi Kimmerly said...

Fabulous card - love it!

scrappintlc said...

The two windows is beautiful and the border ties in excellent.

Heather "Hev" said...

I doubt it was intentional but have you noticed how the windows look like wings??? Like an angel :)

LOve this!!

Shannon Roberts said...

That votive candle holder is such an awesome idea!! What a great gift to compliment that purty card!

Jingle said...

Very nice!

Heidi said...

What a sweet card, thanks for showing us the new goodies. HOpe to win some. HEidi

Monica said...

I just love this set.. that stained glass window will be beautiful on so many different themes!

Annelies said...

Beautiful card!

@TiffanyRom said...

You are so creative!

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Love the new stamps!

Jacqueline

Stefani said...

Someday I will get a cuttlebug. for now I just want some more Rileys!