RSS

Christmas Glory

I am busy with the full swing of Christmas in all its glory. I have been shopping and wrapping and baking. Oh, and creating. The necklace and bracelet set are a new idea that I have been playing around with for a couple of weeks now. They are more organic than planned out. You pick a couple of opaque colors and nice dark ivory and swirl the colors together with the help of gravity. The set is going to Mary, who is Scott's Sunday school teaching partner. For years he has had teachers assigned to him who don't show up, don't care, don't want to do it. But Mary comes, and leads and is relieable, lovable, and happy to be there. Her husband is a full time artist (painter) so I think she will really like what I made for her. Plus, I sure don't want to teach Third Grade Sunday school, so I think Mary deserves a great present.
This Obama card and Christmas tree ornament are for my friend Stephanie. Sorry about the glare, I cut the photo out of Newsweek and they use glossy paper, so it shines a bit.
Mr. Obama looks good in real life in my ornament, even if he doesn't look clear in the photo. It's caused by the reflection and of the glue tape on the back of the clear acrylic. I made the ornament out of a clear acrylic block (think clear stamp holder) and a piece of an adhesive sheet. The gingham ribbon also frames the outside of the ornament. Seth was with me when Steph got her gifties today and he asked me "Mommy, did you see when Miss Stephanie got her gifts that she did a happy dance?" She sure does love our President Elect, as well as surprise presents.

Lastly, this ornament was a gift from my friend Rebecca in our Homemade Christmas exchange. I have never seen this done before, so you know I want to try it. She explained that she used a regular round ornament and put Sculpey clay around it. She added the face, made also from Sculpey and cooked it in the oven. I am amazed, and have been thinking of the possibilities ot ornaments I can make now. She also gave us some yummy Sugar Cookie mix, which I used before I took any photos. Whoops!
Tell me what you are making for Christmas. Or what you are giving, if you have something fun or surprising on your list for someone. I could still use ideas. I am never realy ready to stop with Christmas till Dec 26th!











3 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

i do so love me goodies! :)

yes, i sure did do the happy dance.

Sandra MacLean said...

Those ornaments are awesome Judy!! Love the Obama one! And you make jewelry too?? Holy crap girl - what DON'T you do??? :D

africakidandtheworld said...

what cute ideas! especially the obama ornaments.

i made english toffee and gave a plate to each of our small group members last night. tastes wonderful and is really easy, only 4 ingredients!